A certain supermarket has got a gardening type sale on at the moment and I managed to get a whole bundle of garden raffia for all of 37p. I have always liked the look of raffia and will look forward to putting it on my cards in the future. A tip I picked up the other day from Diane over on her ‘On The Cards’ blog was to knot the fibre and then stick it to your button – looks just the same as threading it through and far easier to do, so I will be attempting this trick too with my raffia and see if it works as well as with fibre. I am getting quite good at sussing out bargains these days and as well as the raffia I picked up 12 scrunchies with pretty double hearts on for a £1. They are quite bright but I think once I have taken them from the actual scrunchie bit I will be able to distress them to tone down the colour and make them a bit more acceptable on a card – if not they can always be put into a lucky bag or two for a child. I have lots of ideas for things to sell at our December craft fair – all I need is 36 hours in the day to get it all done!!
I have two cards to show today.
The first one is for the C.R.A.F.T. card challenge which was for Mini Beasts – Insects. I think my Dragonfly qualifies here. The card was difficult to photograph as I wanted to show that it had been stamped on acetate and then on card inside. The stamp is a free one from the Stamper magazine a long time ago, the sentiment is from my Hero Arts set and has been cut using nesties. I have used Personal Impressions Turquoise Sparkle embossing powder and the gems, flowers, papers, peeloffs and the Art Work butterfly are all from my stash.
For ColourCreate we were to use Ivory, Duck Egg blue and one other ( I chose a Brown)and a bit of shabby chic. Charisma wanted an Easel card and Craftalicious wanted Pearls and Swirls. I used handmade paper to create the notepad look and the swirl is from a Wildflower die. The textured piece at the bottom was made by running a Fiskars Texture plate through my big shot and coloured with a colour queue ink pad. The sentiment is two separate words from my Hero Arts set and then cut out with ny nesties scalloped ovals. The flower is made with two nestie blossom shapes, some lace and a button. All the rest is from my stash.